Exciting adventures await those who partake in this exhilarating safari! A three-day excursion, with accommodation included, offers a stress-free experience at Sossusvlei and the Namib Desert, one of the most spectacular sites in the world. En route to this ancient desert, visitors journey down breath-taking slopes as the Spreetshoogte Pass unfurls to the Namib Desert floor. Unexpected canyons and vlei’s, and unique local settlements add awe-inspiring scenery and diversity to the trip. The magnificent star dunes of the Namib are a photographer’s dream and the spectacular landscape will leave memories to last a lifetime.
- Windhoek Departures: Daily
- No minimum number of travellers
- Day 1: Windhoek – Namib Desert Guests are collected from their lodgings in Windhoek at approximately 14:00. The journey to the Namib Naukluft Park begins via the scenic Spreetshoogte Pass – one of Namibia’s steepest and most scenic mountain passes. A quick stopover at the small settlement of Solitaire caters for refreshments and some sweet delights. The night is spent at the Namib Desert Lodge, based at the foot of ancient fossilised dunes or at The Desert Grace. While enveloped in this oasis, it almost seems as though time stands still. Meals: Dinner Accommodation: Namib Desert Lodge / The Desert Grace
- Day 2: Sossusvlei An early start to the day awaits. Much of the day is spent climbing the highest sand dunes in the world. Big Daddy offers a strenuous climb, but the view along the crest is completely worth it. Upon descent, the whispering sands of the Namib lead to the ancient camelthorn trees of Dead Vlei – one of the most photographed areas in Sossusvlei. Exploration continues into the rugged Sesriem Canyon before returning to the lodge for the evening, but the day is not yet done. The second night of the safari is concluded with a sunset dune drive where the crimson horizon can be appreciated from the crest of the fossilised dunes in the Gondwana Namib Park. Meals: Brunch and dinner Accommodation: Namib Desert Lodge / The Desert Grace
- Day 3: Namib Desert Lodge / The Desert Grace – Windhoek Rise and shine, as the capital awaits! After breakfast, the shuttle returns to Windhoek via the Remhoogte Pass – although this pass is not as steep as the Spreetshoogte, it offers beautiful scenery. Expect to arrive in the city at around 12:30, although please note that times may vary. Meals: Breakfast
|Two nights’ accommodation||Flights|
|Two dinners, one brunch pack, one breakfast||Airport transfers (on request)|
|Sossusvlei & Sesriem excursion and park fees||Visa fees|
|Sundowner dune drive in the Gondwana Namib Park||Beverages|
|Tour Guide||Tips and Gratuities|
|Vehicle and Fuel||Personal insurance|
|Drinking water on vehicle||Personal items|
Confirmation and Payment Terms: A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the full value of the booking is payable upon confirmation of any reservation. The balance of the full amount is due no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival. Where reservations are made within 31 days of date of arrival, payment is due within 72 hours. All bookings and cancellations must be communicated in writing.
Cancellation Charges: From confirmation to 60 days prior to arrival – 25% of full value of booking 59-40 days prior to arrival date – 30% of full value of booking 39-31 days prior to arrival date – 50% of full value of booking 30-14 days prior to arrival date – 75% of full value of booking 13 and less prior to arrival date – 100% of full value of booking No show – 100% of full value of booking
We strongly suggest that all clients take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment. It is the responsibility of clients to ensure that passports, visas or other travel documents are valid for the duration of their stay in Namibia and other places included in their itinerary. Safari2Go will not entertain any complaints related to invalid travel documentation. Most dietary requirements can be catered for. When making your reservation, please advise of any specific dietary requirements.